We are looking for a postsecondary student representative who is engaged in the Indigenous community for the Student Advisory Council (SAC)! You can find our goals and Terms of Reference in the side menu bar, and some of our past activities in the Events and Updates tab in the main menu.
- You must be registered as a student at a university in Canadian university at the time of application;
- Both domestic and international students are welcome to apply;
- You will need to join the CAP to become a member of the SAC. Please note that undergraduate membership as well as the first year of graduate student membership is free;
- You must be familiar with concerns in the Indigenous community in physics and confident advocating for them;
- Experience in Indigenous advocacy in STEM fields/academia is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply!
From the pool of applicants, a slate of new members to the SAC will be proposed to the Nomination and Awards Committee of the CAP by the current SAC, the Director of Student Affairs and the Executive Director of the CAP. The finalized SAC will be ratified by the Board of Directors.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.